Terms and Conditions
HRMS Application System, ("Site Owner") maintains this Site (the "Site") for the use of persons who have elected to become registered Members and access the Site by providing the UserName specified to them. As a registered Member, feel free to browse the Site. However, do not download or use in anyway any material displayed on the Site.
Your access to and use of the Site is subject to the following Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept the Terms and Conditions and understand that they supersede any other agreements between you and anyone else regarding the Site.
Terms and Conditions
- Site Owner assumes no liability or responsibility for the content of the Site.
- Your browsing in the Site is at your own risk. Neither Site Owner nor any other party involved in delivering the Site is liable for any damage arising from your use of the Site.
- Images displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by the Site Owner. Use of these images by you or anyone authorized by you is prohibited unless permitted by these Terms and Conditions. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, and communications laws.
- Any trademarks or logos (the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site may not be used without the written permission of Site Owner or such third party that may own the Trademarks. Site Owner will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights.
- Site Owner has not reviewed all sites linked to this Site and is not responsible for the content of any other sites linked to the Site.
- All persons are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, unauthorized, threatening, libelous, defamatory, or offensive material on the Site and Site Owner will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities requesting Site Owner to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- Site Owner may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions.
I, the applicant/employee, by submission of this online application certify that I hereby expressly authorize the Board of Education, its agents, and its employees to make any investigation of my personal or employment history, expressly including, but not limited to, federal and/or state criminal, law enforcement, or traffic records, which may include confirmation by fingerprint identification. I further authorize any former employer, person, firm, corporation, credit agency, administration body, or governmental agency to give the Board of Education, or its agents, or its employees any information they may have regarding me. In consideration of the review of my employment application by the Board of Education, its members, officers, agents, or its employees, I hereby release the Board of Education to which this application is submitted and any and all providers of information to whom this release is sent, from any liability as a result of furnishing or receiving this information. If employed, I further authorize this Board of Education or its agents to provide information about my employment in this school system to future employers or prospective employers. I authorize persons to whom an exact copy of this release is presented to rely on the copy as if it were a signed original.
I have read the information contained in the application carefully and certify that the information I have given is correct and complete. I understand that if I am employed, false statements on this application shall be considered sufficient cause for dismissal. I also understand that the application, references, and other employment-related information become property of the local school system and are classified as confidential information. I understand that contents of this website and employment application have been developed, reviewed and approved exclusively by the HRMS Steering Committee, which is a statewide committee of human resource administrators acting for the benefit of North Carolina local boards of public education. Both the website and the application are a resource to assist applicants in applying for employment with local boards of education across North Carolina. Neither the NC State Board of Education nor the NC Department of Public Instruction has approved the contents of the website or the employment application.
I understand that in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the Board of Education will employ only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Upon employment, acceptable authorization and identification documents may be required. I understand that any offer of employment is conditional upon the receipt by the Board of Education of an acceptable criminal history check pursuant to authorization above. In addition, I understand that in accordance with NC General Statues, I do not have to disclose any arrest, charge or conviction that has been expunged.
In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, public schools in North Carolina do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its policies, programs, activities, admissions or employment. If you feel that you have been discriminated against based upon any of the aforementioned criteria, please contact the Title IX Coordinator with the employing school system, or the Office of Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education (OCR).